1. The National Cheng Kung University Regulations for Student Leave of Absence, revised and approved by the Student Affairs Council in the first semester of the 2018-19 academic year on December 21, 2018 shall take effect from December 27 in the first semester of the 2018-19 academic year. These regulations are publicized on the webpage of the Student Assistance Division at http://www.cc.ncku.edu.tw/rule/content.php?sn=248 .
The Student Leave Application Online System is available at http://i.ncku.edu.tw/
2. Students must log into the Student Leave Application Online System to apply for leave according to relevant regulations. Written applications will not be processed except unforeseen contingencies beyond the control of the applicant.
3. Applications for leave of absence, except the application for sick leave, should be submitted for approval in advance of the leave. In case of severe illness, emergency, or unforeseen contingencies, students will be allowed to complete an application for leave on the Student Leave Application Online System within 5 days from the last day of the leave (holidays included).
4. While applications for personal leave or sick leave for three or more days shall be submitted with relevant certificates or documents according to the NCKU Regulations for Student Leave of Absence, applications for personal leave or sick leave for no more than days may be submitted with relevant certificates or documents to facilitate approval administration.
5. How do students apply for leave during a semester, or a summer or winter break?
(三)為了完善您個人的學習紀錄，請逕至「數位學習歷程檔 e-Portfolio >登錄校外學習紀錄」。網址: http://eportfolio.ncku.edu.tw/index2/index.php
(1) Non-official leave: During a semester, or a summer or winter break, students who leave NCKU to participate in extramural learning activities during the leave are not required to log into the Student Leave Application Online System to apply for leave.
(2) Official leave: Students participating in various activities on weekdays or holidays for an official purpose, with no courses scheduled at NCKU during the leave, are still required to log into the Student Leave Application Online System to apply for leave.
(3) Students participating in various activities stated above are advised to go to the website of e-Portfolio at http://eportfolio.ncku.edu.tw/index2/index.php to update their records of learning activities.
6. The Student Leave Application Online System is established as a student leave application platform convenient to be operated by NCKU faculty members and students. Applicants must keep their instructors and the offices concerned of approval procedures to complete their applications within the designated deadline.
7. All NCKU members who log into the Student Leave Application Online System to process student leave applications are advised to read “Related Instructions” including Student Leave Application Flowchart, National Cheng Kung University Regulations for Student Leave of Absence, Instructions for Official Leave, and Instructions for non-official Leave, in order to facilitate their operation and secure the rights and interests of students.
II. Q&A (Instructors, Staffers of Administrative Units and Chief Administrators)
Will the parties concerned (course instructors, the advisor, department chair, institute or program director, administrative staffers, or chief administrators) be informed of a student leave application submitted online?
1. Yes. Students must complete the designated application form in terms of type of leave, duration of leave, courses and other related items.
2. The system will decide authority of approval based on the information and notify the parties concerned by email of an application pending approval.
If an instructor doubles as the advisor or department chair (institute or program director), what should the instructor do to approve a leave application? What are the approval procedures?
A、請假二天以內：學生勾選請假課程(科目) > 系統分送並email通知授課老師有假單待審核。
B、請假三天以上：學生勾選請假課程(科目) > 系統分送並email通知授課老師、系主任(所長或學位學程主任)有假單待審核。
(2)「公假申請」：學生勾選「權責單位名稱」之准假單位 > 系統分送並email通知系主任(所長或學位學程主任)，或因公派遣學生出任公務之行政單位(人員及主管)有假單待審核。
1. The instructor should select each position in order of approval authority under the link of Application Approval to complete approval procedures.
2. Approval procedures:
(1) Non-official leave:
A: No more than two days: The applicant selects courses > The system sends emails to inform course instructors of an application pending approval.
B: Three or more days: The applicant selects courses > The system sends emails to inform course instructors and the department chair (institute or program director) of an application pending approval.
(2) Official leave:
The applicant selects approval authority under the link of Unit of Authority > The system sends emails to inform the department chair (institute or program director), or the responsible staffer or chief administrator of an application pending approval.
While we are allowed to select a single data row in the approval process, are there any other options available?
2. Besides selecting a single item, you are allowed to select all items or select no items to facilitate the approval process, as follows: Application Approval > ”Select All” or “Undo Select All”.
If I decide to disapprove a leave application in the approval process, what should I do?
You can select to disapprove an application as a single item and specify your reasons for the rejection. The applicant will be informed of the reasons.
How do female students apply for menstrual leave?
According to the Gender Equity Act promulgated by the Ministry of Education, female students are entitled to apply for menstrual leave for a maximum of one day per month. No certificate is required. Applicants should apply for menstrual leave online, which shall be filed by the Student Assistance Division for administrative verification, with course instructors informed.
Students applying for personal leave or sick leave for no more than two days are not required to submit certificates according to the NCKU Regulations for Student Leave of Absence. If course instructors require that certificates be presented, are applicants allowed to upload the files on the online leave application system?